Friday, August 07, 2009

My favorite scripture from Isaiah:

(needing to refresh my heart with God's word tonight)

"Stop doing wrong,learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow. Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow, though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. " 1:17-18

" He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." 2:3

"Come, O house of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the Lord." 2:5

"Stop trusting in man..." 2:22

"Tell the righteous it will be well with them, for they will enjoy the fruit of their deeds." 3:10

" It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain." 4:6

"Then I heard the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? and who will go for us? And I said Lord, here am I. Send me!" 6:8

"If you don't stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all." 7:9

" Don't call conspiracy everything that these people call conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it. The Lord Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy, he is the one you are to dread. " 8:12-13

" And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." 9:6

" Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." 12:2

" On this day...he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth." 25:8

" In that day they will say, Surely this is our God; we trusted him and he saved us. " 25:9

" You will keep him in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." 26:3

" The path of the righteous is level. O upright one, you make the way of the righteous smooth. Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and your renown are the desire of our hearts. My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you." 26:7-9

" Lord, you establish peace for us, all that we have accomplished you have done for us." 26:12

" In repentance and rest is your salvation. In quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. " 30:15

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!" 30:18

" O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. " 30:19

" Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying This is the way; walk in it." 30:21

" The fruit of righteousness will be peace. The effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever. " 32:17

" O Lord be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our Strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." 33:2

" Steady the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, Be strong, do not fear, your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you. Then the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf be unstopped." 35:3-5

" He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." 40:11

" Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. " 40:28,29

" So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. " 41:10

" For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear I will help you." 41: 13

" fear not, I have redeemed you, I have summoned you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the the waters, I will be with you, and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." 43:1-3

" Since you are precious and honored in my sight and because I love you..." 43:4

" Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past, See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? " 43:18-19

" I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake and remembers your sins no more." 43:25

" Remember these things, O Jacob, for you are my servant, O Israel. I have made you, you are my servant: O Israel I will not forget you. I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you." 44:22

" Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth, for I am God and there is no other." 45:22

" They will say of me " In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength." 45:24

" You whom I have upheld since you were conceived and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you." 46:3-4

" I am the Lord your God who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go." 48:17

" I am honored in the eyes of the Lord and my God has been my strength." 49:5

" For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones." 49:13

" Can a mother forgot the baby at her breast, and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." 49:15-16

" Because the Sovereign Lord helps me I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint and I know I will not be put to shame. " 50:7

" He who vindicates me is near. Who then will bring charges against me? Let us face each other! Who is my accuser? Let him confront me. It is the Sovereign Lord who helps me. Who is he that will condemn me? They will all wear out like a garment; the moths with eat them up." 50:8-9

" You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood. For your maker is your husband- the Lord Almighty is his name!" 54:4-5

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord." 55:8

" You will be a crown of splendor in the Lord's hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God." 62:3

No comments: