Monday, April 06, 2009


Joshua. My precious child. Life has been difficult for him. In the midst of the challenges, he brings so much joy and life to our family. He is non stop life....always moving, exploring, creating, laughing. I love this child.

I think he got a little stressed out during our trip to Tennessee. Its so hard to always be good. Its been hard to settle back down into our normal routine.

Yesterday, though, this precious child blew us away with his simple child like faith. Every morning since we have been home he has started the morning very early and very loud, resulting in very annoyed parents. Yesterday was very different. It was very quiet. Joshua didn't come in the bedroom until he heard us awake. Then he announced, " Last night when I went to bed I prayed for Jesus to take away the bad words and the bad behavior."

Melt my heart. I was so humbled. And so proud. The entire day he was a different child. Calm. Pleasant. A joy to be around. The old Josh. And how he beamed when we told him how good he was being. And when we told others he was sure to point out that he asked Jesus to take away the bad and He did!

No comments: