Monday, December 03, 2007

Well, the good news and the bad news.... The good is that we know what Jon has and it is treatable with antibiotics. He has strep throat. That combined with the stomach bug was enough to knock this little guy out! The bad news was that he was so dehydrated that he had to stay at the clinic and have iv fluid and iv antibiotics for several hours. We were blessed by a dear friend in the midst of this 6 1/2 hour hospital visit.... food from chick fil a!!!! What sweet blessing this was to my starving body- it always amazes me how God meets our needs in the least expected ways. Thank you Beth for being God's love to me today. Hopefully, Jon will be feeling better tomorrow morning. He is still feeling pretty yucky.

Shawn's birthday was today.... 37 years old!!!! Josh asked him he was walking like grandpa now... and if he was wobbly. That was one of the bright moments in the day. Unfortunately, Shawn got the nice birthday present of a fever, aches, and chills. So he is out on the couch! I think this sick stuff has got to stop. We haven't been this contaminated in a long while!

Well, I am off to bed... to make things even more crazy I have to work tomorrow morning. Not sure how I am going to pull this one off. All I know if 4 am comes awfully early. And I have only slept 2 hours since Saturday night. Mya decided she couldn't sleep last night and was awake until 4:30 and Josh woke up at 4. So I am in desperate need of sleep. More tomorrow...thanks for your diligent prayers!

No comments: