Merry Christmas to all our friends!!!! I hope that each of you have had a wonderful time with your families and friends this past few days.
We for the first time in quite a while have all really enjoyed our time together. Shawn has said several times how these past two days have been some of the best positive interaction we have had with our children in a very long time. He keeps saying how this is one of the best Christmas' he can remember us having. And it is true: we have had very little fighting, alot of laughing, and spent a lot of time together. It has been an incredible blessing that even in the midst of even more sickness we are having a great time together.
So here are some of our blessings this season:
1. We got a Wii. I never thought I would count a video game system as a blessing but it really is. This is a huge part of why we have had such a good time these past few days. The games are very interactive. The whole family plays together- either with or competing against each other. It has been a blast. We have discovered that we have quite the "bowler" in our family. Brittney takes the lead in bowling on the wii- she bowled a 200 on her last game! This picture is Jason discovering the wii!
2. We have heard several very genuine " Thank You Daddy/Mommy" these past few days. This has warmed my heart tremendously.
3. Sickness. Tonight my Josh is wheezing pretty badly. He has finally gone to sleep and hopefully as he rests so will his lungs. Between his coughing, wheezing and resulting severe headaches, several children with upset stomachs resulting in multiple loads of laundry, sore throats, and goopy eyes we have had our fill of germs. But this has caused us to slow down. Relax and not try to accomplish so many things. This year I forced myself to not go crazy with baking etc. I tried really hard to just enjoy the time with the kids and to rest. I am thankful that God has provided us with a man who works hard to provide us insurance and money so we can get medicine and go to the doctor. I am thankful for good doctors who take such good care of us. I am thankful that we were all able to be together on Christmas without a trip to the emergency room. I am thankful that its not as bad as it could be.
4. Friends. I am so thankful for the special friend I have who made it a point to call me on Christmas! This made me feel so loved! I am so thankful at the opportunity God may give us to be able to live in the same city for the first time in our lives. We have been friends for 14 years and have never been in the same state... our friendship was ordained by God and has endured the span of time and distance. And in my recent struggles and feelings of despair and loneliness this special friend has really been God's way of reaching out and touching my heart. We are both eagerly anticipating the announcement of our move so we can begin to dream of the reality of spending time together. It was fun to talk of how we will do things together next year for our kids birthdays or for the holidays... God knows how badly I dream of a friend to do these things with. Starbucks will be so wonderful when I can once again share it with a friend! =)
5. I guess the last thing I want to share tonight is I am thankful for hope. I am so thankful that God gives us a brand new each day. I am thankful that there is still hope for what lies on the horizon of my life. There is a grand plan. God will use me again. He will accomplish his will for my family. He will love my children and husband through me. He will give us a purpose and a vision. He will give us a place to belong. So for tonight I am so thankful that there is so much more that what these eyes can see... I am thankful for all God allows us to not have so that we will hunger for more of what if real and eternal.
Now this thankful heart is going to bed before the baby wakes up again... she didn't go to sleep last night until almost 3. Sleep well, friends!!!