Monday, December 10, 2007



Onward we go towards the goal....

This has been a week of constant battle. Thank you friends for praying diligently for us. I know God is working... I can see him transforming us. Exciting things are on the horizon if we can only hold on until then. One of my favorite teachers, Chip Ingram, says that we usually give up and quit just before things take a turn for the good. So this morning my heart is committed to press on and not quit.

Some highlights of the weekend: Brittney had a delightful 9th birthday Friday night. It was a lot of fun to watch these girls sing and dance and laugh together. We had a high school musical theme. I am always so amazed at the girl Brittney is becoming. I am so proud of her. She has had to deal with so much in these past nine years... and through it all she is becoming strong in her faith in Christ and such a sweet servant.

Added to the drama of the week- I was leaving to go get my sister to babysit for us last night and tonight and the van start hesitating and shaking. It has been having issues lately anyway. I tried accelerating through it but by the time I got to the main road it was obvious it was not going to stop. As I pulled onto the interstate the engine light started blinking rapidly. So I pulled back off and went back home. We barely made it through the intersection. Kinda freaky for me...I hate driving and really hate car issues. So Shawn left work early so we could figure out a plan to get to church. We were determined to be there. He had to go to Ohio this morning so I was going to be stranded without a working vehicle...but last night he and his friend from work put a starter in the truck (which I have never driven and makes me nervous but is here for an emergency). Another friend graciously drove Shawn to the airport this morning at 5:30am.

So here we are...on this beautifully foggy morning enjoying peace in our hearts, quiet in the house, warm coffee and gluten free blueberry muffins listening to a teaching on autentic community. All is well in my soul this morning despite the craziness that storms around me.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Haven't been checking blogs much lately. Praying for all of you and grateful for the peace in your home this morning.

Happy belated birthday to precious Brittney! Now we both have sweet 9-year-old girls.

We love you all and will be praying for the peace to extend throughout your day, Kelly.

Unknown said...

Hey, next year, maybe we can have a combined birthday party! I forget that their birthdays are so close. Happy Birthday Brit! I cannot believe how OLD our children are! Aren't we still like 22?