Monday, May 07, 2007

This morning during my quiet time I listened to Chip Ingram's teaching: Experiencing God When You Are Gripped By Fear. You can listen to it as well by clicking on the link for Life on The Edge. You will be refreshed and strengthened for whatever the day holds.

The passage, Psalm 46, that Chip teaches from is incredible. As I am preparing to take Jonathan this morning to the clinic to begin his chemotherapy, God is preparing my heart through his word. Let me share with you this passage and some thoughts from Chip's teaching that really encouraged me.

Psalm 46:

God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Though the earth be removed,
And though the the mountain be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though its waters roar and the be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling.

There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High
God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn
The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.

The Lord of hosts is with us
The God of Jacob is our refuge

Come, behold the works of the Lord
Who has made desolations in the earth
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two
He burns the chariot in the fire.

Be still and know that I am God
I will be exalted among the nations
I will be exalted in the earth!
The Lord of hosts in with us
The God of Jacob is our refuge.

Notes from Chip's teaching:
1) God is Our Refuge and Strength
* If everything we know we can count on is removed from our lives it doesn't matter because God is consistent. (shown by the mountains falling) God alone is our security.
* We don't have to be afraid because God is for us. He is not against us. He is not waiting for me to mess up so he can say " Told you so..."
*He is my refuge: a place where I can run to and be ok. God says he will be our refuge- we can come into him and he will wrap his arms around us.
* He is my strength: power to endure. Grace given moment by moment in the measure we need.
*He is readily available in trouble no matter how great.

How does this work?

1) God's presence is the reason for my hope. He goes through the circumstance with us and he will sustain us through it.
* unlimited supply of joy, protection,security and deliverance even in the midst of the most difficult trouble.


Today, I find my heart strengthened knowing God will walk into that clinic today. Not only is he with me but he is with my child. He is our joy,our protection, our security, and our deliverance. May each of you know the presence of God today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! You and Jonathan are in my prayers!
Crystal