Thursday, July 05, 2007


Jonathan Update:
Jon had chemo today. Overall, he is still doing better than he was doing a few weeks ago. He has developed a rash next to his port site. We are not certain what it is...we are suspicious it is an allergic reaction to the needle being used to access the port. They have some new "safety" needles that have a plastic butterfly enclosure that looks very much like the outline of the rash. Pray that the rash will clear up quickly and not cause any complications.
Of greater concern is Jonathan's rapidly falling iron levels. His hemoglobin is 7.8 today. It is supposed to be at least 12. His actual iron level is very low. It is supposed to be above 49 and it is in the low teens. Please pray for his body to absorb the iron we are giving him. Pray for him to desire and eat the food that would give him iron naturally. Pray for him just to eat... he eats very little food.

This picture is from yesterday's July 4th festivities.... we had a picinic, marshmellows and fireworks at my aunts house. It was a good time for all of us. I was happy when Jon came out to join us for awhile.

3 comments:

Tennessee Mama Duck said...

Hey girl! I just found you. I think through "bastica".

I can't believe how much Jon is looking like his daddy! Wow! I had never noticed that so much before.

Your family is beautiful and it is good to catch up...via your blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you Kelly. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys today. Just got your order in and I need to ship it to you! Call me, I want to ask you a question first :)