Monday, February 22, 2010

1 Samuel 30:6 tells us how David was greatly distressed but he strengthened himself in the Lord. These past couple of weeks have carried circumstances that have brought me to a point of being greatly distressed. For a short while I had forgotten how to strengthen myself in the Lord. So I found myself wallowing in the pain and lost my focus on the Lord. I am quickly learning there is no way to survive crisis upon crisis without being built up and strengthened in the Lord. So tonight the Lord is showing me so many things. Speaking to my heart, singing his gracious love over me, and wrapping me in his arms that are more than able to carry me through whatever threatening to destroy me.

Here is another little nugget that ministered to me tonight from Max Lucado's book...

" For some of you, the journey has been long. Very long and stormy. Some of you have shouldered burdens that few of us could ever carry. And you are tired. Its hard for you to see the city in the midst of the storms.The desire to pull over to the side of the road and get out entices you. You want to go on, but some days the road seems so long. God never said that the journey would be easy, but he did say that the arrival would be worthwhile. Remember this: God may not do what you want, but he will do what is right...and best. He's the Father of forward motion. Trust him. He will get you home. And the trials of the trip will be lost in the joys of the feast. Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments: