Friday, September 25, 2009

As this week has now become even more complicated, I find myself running to the only safe place that I can run to...the arms of Jesus. This afternoon I am encouraged by the words in a tiny book by perhaps my most favorite person in the entire world- Amy Carmichael. In her book: His Thoughts Said...His Father Said..." there are many encouraging thoughts. But this one really encouraged me.

There is a Place By Me

His thoughts said, " Before me continually is the grief of wounds, confusion, suspense, distress"

His Father said, " Behold there is a place by Me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock. Then, as a frightened child on a storm swept mountain side would gratefully take his father's hand, and stand on a rock in a place by him, fearing no evil- so it was with the son. For he knew that though the earth be removed and the waters be carried into the midst of the sea, that rock by his father will never be moved.And he remember words about things that can be shaken and things that will remain. And though no small tempest lay on him, he said to the multitude of thought whose voices sought to disturb him, Sirs, be of good cheer; for I believe God that it shall be even as it was told me. For as his majesty is, so also is his mercy.

No comments: